Is it worth doing a second MA?

I

I wish I would have found this site earlier. After living in South Africa for 10 years, I have just moved back to my home country, Bulgaria. Currently, I have a big dilemma. Even though I have an MA in Film from the Witwatersrand University in South Africa, I am contemplating whether is it worth going a second MA in European Studies in Science and Technology in Maastricht, Holland. For the past 10 years, I have always been in the fields of film, theatre (2 BA degrees) and journalism. I have worked in Television and as a lecturer. However, the new MA will give me the opportunity to move into a different area and specialize in international politics.
It's been 1 month that I can decide whether to register (the classes are starting next week).
The big dilemma is actually whether to wait and try to find a PhD program in my field (I have been also accepted in the European Graduate School in Switzerland) or do a second MA in a new, but not so new field. I have the opportunity to run an establish NGO here in Bulgaria and also have a 9 year old child.
Hope someone would be able to give me an advice, as I don't buy my friend's and family's advice on not doing the second MA, because I'm too old to study (I'm 33). :)

J

this isn't my area at all, but it seems you have a lot of options. The way forward, I think is to do a bit of sorting of those options. you need to write down the positives and negatives of each option first. then you need to think where your real passion lies. Courses can, of course be taken because you like the sound of them, but there comes a point where you need to decide what direction you want to take, and perhaps just as important where you want to end up. Once you have sorted these things out the choice should be easier to make.

I

Thanks, Joyce. Yes, it's a matter of making choices. As you say, it's all about real passion. My real passion has always been to be creative, so may be it's time to stop hiding, but start working on all my unfinished projects. ?hanks again for taking time to reply and help me get clarity.