Is re-examination of the thesis still a good option?

G

I just read the formal outcome of,the viva communicated by my university and I am quite pissed that the examiners could have easily just given me minor corrections considering that most of the correction only involves restructuring. The university allows that for upto six months! I don't know why they have given me full 12 months. It's way too much and it shows their poor reading if the university guideline. Although, in their report, they do sAy the analysis and theoretical contribution was missing in my current t submission. But, in their list of corrections, they didn't care at all to mention what theories they would like me to consider and accordingly what analytical angle SHIULD i use. I feel that the external was quite pissed that I said my findings supports the conclusions another person whi I think is her contemporary as they both work in the same region. The external clearly said that instead if saying support, i should say that I contradict it and not only that I should a,sk criticize it. What the hell? That's a total flipping of my entire bone of the thesis!
I have to be blamed for this partially as I blindly allowed my supervisors to choose my examiners. I am so repenting now! I should have really used those whom I had cited the most and whose conclusions matched that of mine. I am really feeling scared that I must have royally pissed the examiner as her expectations might be too high from the resubmission and I might not be able to convince her and so I better take the baite now and get re-examined by the person whom I support in her conclusions.
What happens if I choose to be re-examined? , i don't think my university allows,it as I will have to check it ...

P

Does it matter if the outcome if minor or major? In the end, you need to do the corrections based on the list. I'm sure you wouldn't have to wait for 12 months to submit your corrected thesis if you manage to complete it earlier.

E

This is indeed sad! It seems they have some sort of personal grudge against you :/ But you don't have to worry (be kind and have patience). I personally think you should go for re-examination! It will certainly bring some amount of (major or minor) change :)