Is your PI interested in your own projects?

E

Hello everyone!
Basically I’m second year PhD and I got some cool findings: 2 years of experiments so far exploring a certain mechanism + a genome-wide killer experiment + just yesterday night I got a further strong outcome that supports my results obtained so far!! (exciting!!)
Nevertheless, my PI doesn’t seem to be interested in my projects! To try to involve him recently I’m kind of asking him questions (although most of the times I’ve already planned what to do) but to me he seems not interested!
First of all, I love my PI because he is passionate like me therefore I’d like very much to share my findings/interests with him. Secondly, I’m worried that his lack of interest might underrate my work. I don’t have lots of experience but I think that my data are very interesting and have a potential. Consistently, three PIs big experts of the field went quite crazy for my project at a conference that I attended and also my best scientist-friend who was in my same lab and who I respect very much he recently said that I could submit both my projects to two extremely good journals respectively (I don’t mention the names that he said because it brings bad luck! but they were both ‘single-word-title’ journals). Therefore I really don’t want my hard work and interesting findings to be underrated.
So I’m a bit worried for this, in addition I don’t think my PI considers me so much because for example he asked me to write a review and I would have loved to do it but then he sadly changed his mind. Then broadly speaking I see him entrusting the others with tasks so I feel how if he doesn’t respect me? By the way I’m very happy with my projects so this is well compensated by the excitement I get from my research and

E

also I really appreciate that he leaves me free to explore, have my own hypotheses, take decisions on my own and to carry out all the expts that I want. However on the other hand I'm sure that if I could get him involved in my projects he could enhance them with his experience and insightfulness! Any advice?
Thanks!
E.