It's my birthday.....and i'm studying

A

27 today....and i'm studying, worrying, studying, worrying......sucks.

J

happy birthday! take the day off! come on.

J

Happy Birthday! Take some time off?!

L

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! take the day off! you deserve it. it's your birthday!! we are telling you to take some time off!! treat yourself, that's an order!

L

even Joan Bolker explicitly writes in her book that you should definately take a day off from your thesis on your birthday!!! so there you go!

S

Happy Birthday!

I feel guilty because I intend to work on my daughter's birthday while she is with her childminder. She will get a party later, when it's not a work day.

A

lol...guess you guys are right. It's so difficult when you are doing something like this...it's hard to take a 'day off' when you keep on thinking that you have not even started working properly yet- feel like a bit of fraud..

But anyway, will take a few hours off---that new film Wanted with Angelina Jolie looks good, may go watch that (cineworld offers student discounts so that's my economising done for the day!!)

Cheers guys

L

angie that is a fantastic idea! definately go treat yourself and watch that film. its your birthday! only once a year. and you are working hard. tommorow will still be there, and you can start work again. and you will feel better tommorow because you know you treated yourself on your birthday, so you wont "resent" your thesis.

i really want to see that film too!

have fun! and glad to hear you're taking at least a few hours off. and take some yummy snacks with you.

i will live varcariously through you

S

happy birthday angie, have a goodun!

H

Happy birthday

L

Hey Angie, how was your birthday and the film wanted?

T

happy birthday! enjoy the study! I am plannig to work on my birthday next month as well unless I can have a date. otherwise, "dating" with my work sounds also nice..

A

thanks guys for your birthday wishes

hey lara- birthday was ok, just the usual- the movie was a bit long, infact at times i found myself thinking about my studies lol. But it was a good movie, although jolie is scarily thin!

tomfinland, 'dating' with your work...memorable, maybe, definitely not nice- you've still got a month left, go get yourself a proper date, one that you will actually enjoy lol