job-hunting again!

S

hi everyone,
its time for me to job-hunt again!
TBH I feel sad and I'm really not in the mood because I'm crap at filling up forms, but I have to, and so I will.
On filling up this part on previous education,
I have a CGPA of 3.44, is this 2nd class lower or 2nd class higher first degree?

Thanks
love satchi

K

Hi Satchi,
You are not alone there... I am also heading towards end of my term in few months and I know there will be no renewal.

Surely something good will come along pretty soon! :)

Kim

T

I don't think you can easily convert satchi. If you can avoid it, don't write you have a 2.2 (lower) because that's not a very good grade.

S

hi Kim and Tree,
Thanks for your replies! Unfortunately there is a drop-down menu on the online job application form! how about I select "pass" instead? what do you think?

Do I have to send in scanned copies of ALL degrees? Sorry to be asking questions like this, I honestly can't think properly. I need to get down to writing the Support Statement TODAY, it's a do or die thing.

Thanks
love satchi

T

don't select pass if the only options are 1, 2.1, 2.2, 3 or pass as pass is the lowest of these!

Just select 2.1 if you're not sure

I think you should scan all of them because that's what they usually ask for

S

Help - Tree, there isn't an option to select 2.1 or 2.2, there is 2nd class lower and 2nd class upper. Which do I select?

I am preparing my CV now, what do I put on this part for Experience:

Research assistant (Jan 2014) - present

OR

Research assistant (Jan 2014 - August 2015)

when funding ends in August?

thanks very much
love satchi

T

second class upper

I would put to present because then it looks like you are still employed, rather than becoming unemployed in August

If you get an interview you can tell them the funding ends in August

S

Thanks Tree
love satchi