job interview attire/tips

S

hi everyone, I can't seem to find old threads for job interview --
I do have some questions, any advice would be very welcome please

1. Do I need to wear a business-type blazer/jacket? I am planning to wear a simple white blouse with black skirt but I haven't got a business-type jacket/blazer. I am wondering if I put on knitwear (black cardigan) over the blouse, would that be ok?

2. Is it better to tie up my hair? If I can keep my hair out of my face, would that suffice.

3. Documents to bring with me -- original copies of academic qualifications etc. Is there anything else?

4. Shall I wear my contact lenses? I know this is probably a silly question--I think I look a lot better without my spectacles *LOL* but I always work wearing spectacles

thanks a lot
love satchi

C

Hi Satchi,

First of all, be comfortable. Interviews are nerve-wracking enough without feeling uncomfortable because you are wearing something unusual, or not feeling your normal self, e.g. hair up or hair down etc.

I think a black cardigan would be smart enough, no need for a smart jacket. I think as long as your hair is out of your face - if you normally tie it up, fine, but just be yourself and do what is most comfortable. Same goes for the glasses. I think I look better without mine, but I wear them most of the time so always feel a bit of place with my lenses in. I would rather feel comfortable so I would wear them. Unless it's a rainy day and they are liable to get smudgy/wet!

Sometimes you need to take ID, e.g. passport, driving license.

Those are my not very scientific suggestions. They will be interested in what you have to say rather than how you look as long as you are neat and clean etc! Good luck for the interview whatever you decide.