Job interview panic!

I

Hi Guys
I am excited to be interviewed for a research associate post tomorrow at a prestigious university, my first academic job interview. I have been emailed a request to forward my previous publications. The job application does not stipulate that previous publications are a prerequisite. I am awaiting my viva and hope to be conferred my PhD in September, so for me it is early days. I just hope that I am not turned down on the grounds of not having prior publications under my belt? Any thoughts? Thanks!

R

Hi Iwalktall - sorry this is a bit late now, how did your interview go?

I

Hi there
Thanks for asking how the job interview went. I had a forty minute panel interview where they asked me 8 questions I felt comfortable with. However, I did not get the job and I asked for feedback. The panel chose someone with a more relevant 'skills set', a bit wishy washy. This was my second university job application. A friend of mine who now teaches at a UK university has asked me whether I would like to join her project next year. I am interested and hope she can get some funding for the venture. So things are looking up anyway!