Latex+Jabref doubt

C

Hi all, I am using Latex (Miktex) and Jabref for writing my thesis. I noticed that if I insert any reference in between the reference number doesn't seem to get updated. I tried deleting all the auxiliary files and recompiled but it doesn't seem to work. Has anyone come across this problem? Could you please tell me how this can be solved. I tried googling but couldn't find a way to fix this yet. Thanks in advance :)

M

Hi Cindrella,

I cannot recall all the styles but I am guessing is it possible you are using a Bibliography style which follows alphabetic ordering? (Just guessing). Try changing the style, maybe it will help.

Cheers

C

Hi Mak_2011, Thanks for your reply. I am using 'plain' style. I tried changing it to 'Chicago' but it didn't work either :-(

C

Hi all, I finally managed to find why I had problems with referencing. I was using bibliography stile 'plain' instead of using 'unsrt' which will include the references in the order in which they are mentioned in the text.

It works fine after adding this line

\bibliographystyle{unsrt}

below any \usepackage statements but above \begin{document}.

M

Hi Cindrella,

I am glad you found it. Sorry, I have been so busy I totally forgot about checking it up.

Cheers

C

No worries, Mak_2011. Thanks for trying :-)