Life and the universe

A

..I'm getting increasingly depressed.

My girlfriend (no PhD student) is drifting away from me. Or I'm drifting away from her. I hate it but there is nothing I can do currently as I feel very tired.

T

Hey pal, I'm sorry to hear that. PhDs take a lot of energy and motivation which I find often comes at the expense of other areas of my life.

I'm not very good at suggesting this sort of thing, but maybe some people on here have suggestions on how to get some sparks and energy back into your relationship? That's if you want to get those things back into it of course.

B

Hello Apollo!!! I am Laura. I had a similar problem with my girlfriend . I am now in my third year of PhD and last year we split up because I spent so much time in the lab. We didn't spend enough time together. But it helped us!!! We realised how much we loved each other!!! Now we make sure we see each other at least twice a week. Also make sure the intimacy is still there as it makes you feel loved. Hope you sort it out!!! Love Laura xxx

H

I'm sorry to hear about this Mista_G but how come you are allowed to have yet another username?

U

Just to clarify- ULUG is former MistaG but neither ULUG or MistaG are Apollo...

P.S.: Ulug is back

H

lol, if you say so.

Nice to have you back though! Lots of more causticness

B

Mate, www.match.com.