Lit Students - Article Sites

L

Hi Guys

I'm new here so guess I should say hello! I'm an Eng Lit student writing on masculinity in New York fiction. I'm starting the Phd in Feb and so raring to go.

Can I ask what you guys think are the best websites for article searches (articles that you can get access to).

I'll have loads more questions but this is the first thing that I really need to get started on.

Thanks!

K

Hi Larry,

Do you just mean journal articles? The obvious ones are JSTOR and LION, I prefer LION as I find JSTOR hard to search. It will depend on which journals your university is subscribed to as to which articles within those sites you can get access to, but both will bring up search results from across the board so you can then request articles at the library if needs be (Handily, you can also get these delivered to your house). You can also sign up to ZETOC which will alert you as to new publications in your subject area. I'm not really sure about others...I have a few I use which are specific to early modern/medieval literature which is what I study. Hopefully somebody will come along to help you a bit more.

L

Hey thanks for the reply

Yeah I was talking about Journal articles. I've been lookin at Jstor today though finding the adv search options and the export format not to be that great really.

I will check out LION later.

"...the flaming globes! The flaming globes!....Arghhhhhhhhh"