Lows/Highs

A

Hi, I've spoken to people on this forum about potentially leaving my PhD before.
I have run four main experiments, but my experimental design is a bit poor, so I need to tighten it up and fix the bits that are wrong. I need to re-design my PhD, which I am part of the way through doing and work out what I'm doing next which I'm also nearly done with. My first supervisor moved away, and there is either no contact for weeks, or loads of contact in a day (which I find stressful). My second supervisor is more helpful but thinks I have an awful lot of work to do.

Good points to PhD: I might be getting somewhere
Bad points to PhD: Depressed/fed up/can't speak to anyone except my best friend and my mum/don't feel like going to bed/don't feel like getting up/rubbish idea/need to sort everything out/too many work commitments that I have to do (e.g. presenting/poster/etc.)/being in my 3rd year and feeling like I need to be in my second year again.

Basically, I feel as if my PhD stalled in the first year when my supervisor left and since then (and even before then) I feel like I have never been happy. I am bored of the monotony of doing the same thing day-in, day-out, whether it be writing or designing experiments. I also feel that the experiments I want to design are beyond me, because I have no idea how to programme computers, and feel like my supervisors both think I am more capable than I am.

I'm sorry if I sound repetitive(:-(), but I just can't decide what to do. Do I go, and potentially mess up applying for a different postgrad course (the one I should have done in the beginning - working in schools)/risk having no money/etc or do I stay and remain miserable???

I would be really glad and thankful for any comments,

Love Annie