LSE vs, Westminter (Communication)

K

Guys, I need your advice,

I applied to LSE for their Media and Communications course (LSE School of Media) and did not get in.

So, I got an offer from Westminster, MA Public Communication and Public Relations, and until today I was certain I'm going there.

But I've just got an e-mail from LSE, saying they had reviewed my application and want to offer me a place at MSc Social and Public Communication(Institute of Social Psychology).

Should I reconsideR? What would you do?
1) It is my impression that LSE program is not designed to provide significant practical training (smth I need), what do you think?

2) Besides, they must be really short of applicants if they found me:) although their entry rate is 27/114

3) Will a brand name such as LSE make up for a more practical degree such as Westminster?

* FYI, I do not have any experience in the field of Communications, want a new career, my BA degree is International Economics.

S

What exactly is it that you want to do ultimately?

Communications is much more about the individual course than the institution. I used to a journo; the institution I studied at overall was not very prestigious, but in terms of the course it was one of the top three in the country.

S

I would go to westminster, they have a very good reputation for communication studies.

K

Well, I got my visa yesterday, so I am starting Westminster course on Sept 17. Thanks, guys!

S

Aww I think you will really like it there, it ahs a really good atmosphere and everybody is really friendly and welcoming

S

My friend studied journalism there and loved it - she now has a very successful career in communications/PR