Making a PhD Plan/Schedule?

D

Hi guys,
Ive decided that I need to make better use of my time because I have become the worlds greatest procrastinator. So I thought that bearing in mind I plan to submit October 09, I should start making a plan of what I need to do and set myself some (realisitc) deadlines.
Just wondered if anyone had any advice/tips on where to start, how to break things down, or if there any websitres/templates that I could use to get started? It all just seems to big at the moment to even know where to start!

D

Sorry! MEant to post this in the other forum!

J

I make schedules for 3-month periods: what I intend to get done by the end of each month, within that 3 month period. Of course, I usually find that I don't get the stuff done

T

We have to write bloody GANTT diagrams every 5 minutes...

J

Luckliy we don't HAVE to - yet. I expect that compulsion is on its way. Bloody bureaucracy!

D

I made myself a huge timetable in excel of my whole thesis outline and when I propose to have each section started/completed. My supervisors already gone through it and changed half the plans! lol Good to have feedback though and now know what to work on. Theres a LOT to do though. And not much time to do it in! :-/