Masters with distinction: likelihood of PHD funding

O

Hi all,
I'm an international student currently doing a masters degree at the University of Glasgow. I hope to graduate this September with a Distinction as I made all As in my exams and essays, with only my dissertation left to be completed. I am looking forward to doing a PHD immediately after my masters and I would greatly appreciate if I could get answers to some questions:
a. what are my chances of getting a funding in the UK for a PHD?
b. Is it too late to apply for PHD admission and funding, as I look forward to commencing the PHD in January?
c.Do I have any chance of getting funding from the University of Glasgow if I was to apply for a PHD with them?

I forgot to add that I have practiced in my field for almost 3 years before commencing the masters programme. I also made a 2:1 at my undergraduate level.Do these add to any chance I may have

I will greatly appreciate any response to these questions. Thanks a whole lot.

I

Quote From obioraezike:
Hi all,
I'm an international student currently doing a masters degree at the University of Glasgow. I hope to graduate this September with a Distinction as I made all As in my exams and essays, with only my dissertation left to be completed. I am looking forward to doing a PHD immediately after my masters and I would greatly appreciate if I could get answers to some questions:
a. what are my chances of getting a funding in the UK for a PHD?
b. Is it too late to apply for PHD admission and funding, as I look forward to commencing the PHD in January?
c.Do I have any chance of getting funding from the University of Glasgow if I was to apply for a PHD with them?

I forgot to add that I have practiced in my field for almost 3 years before commencing the masters programme. I also made a 2:1 at my undergraduate level.Do these add to any chance I may have

I will greatly appreciate any response to these questions. Thanks a whole lot.

a. Depends on course/university/thesis subject. These days it's very difficult irrespective but these factors have a major influence.
b. Not for Jan but the sooner you apply the better.
c. If you get a distinction and you stay in the same department yes you'll have a chance but remote- these days even a distinction doesn't warrant funding in many cases.

O

@ Incognito,

Thank you for the response. I really appreciate.