Meta-analysis

B

Hello all! I was just wondering if anyone has used meta-analysis before? I am wanting to synthesise economic evaluations using observational studies and am coming up against some issues with the studies I want to use (most don't report variance and none report beneficiary level data etc)... would be great to be able to share ideas with someone that has used this methodology. No-one in my department has used it so I don't feel like I have anyone I can discuss it with. Thanks x

H

I have some familiarity with meta analysis but not of economic evaluations. Doing it with observational data has its own challenges, particularly when reporting of data is so variable.

If you haven't already done so, take a look at the MOOSE guidelines (http://www.consort-statement.org/mod_product/uploads/MOOSE%20Statement%202000.pdf) as if you want to go on to publish your findings you may have to comply with these or similar

D

Bella,

I was hoping to produce a meta analysis of studies in the clinical psychology field but because of methodological hererogeniosity was unable to, so ended up doing a comparative literature synthesis. Have presented and had published as an abstract but not tried submitting as a full paper.