More focus group help - group falling apart

D

okay - quick poll - first focus group tomorrow evening, I had a great response, only today two people (out of 4) cancelled because of being quite ill - so shall I continue with only 2, seeing as its a bit late to cancel/postpone, or postpone for another time? By the way, for background -time is of the essance with getting this moving, this particular group was to act as a pilot to see how the question guide worked out, and is holding up the other focus groups and interviews I have planned.

C

I would have thought you should push on, at least you have two people to work with?

D

Hallelujah, my thoughts exactly, I just desperately needed validation!! Thanks!!

C

Aren't most PhD students good at validating others, but not themselves!

D

Just got back, went great, participants articulate, well spoken and enough opinions for 4 women or more! Best yet, there were a few glitches that now can be ironed out and the project can officially move forward - finally!!

R

Well done doc2008

I just had a group cancelled, really difficult to arrange and extremely frustating if it does not go ahead!
The actual moderation and transcribing is not to so much the problem, it is more getting particpants!