Mphil upgrade failed...APPEAL???

P

later
by Peachsilk123
posted about 1 week ago
Hi guys, I’m a first year mphil now.
Our school needs to submit an upgrade work in June to see whether you can upgrade to a PhD.
Today, I got the result that I failed and my supervisor asked me to do a 3 years mphil instead.

However, when I submitted my draft to him, the comment was positive. If he pointed out what I should improve, I whine I can make things right.
Last year, some students can resub it by September. I asked a resub to my supervisor, he rejected again.

P

Quote From Peachsilk123:
later
by Peachsilk123
posted about 1 week ago
Hi guys, I’m a first year mphil now.
Our school needs to submit an upgrade work in June to see whether you can upgrade to a PhD.
Today, I got the result that I failed and my supervisor asked me to do a 3 years mphil instead.

However, when I submitted my draft to him, the comment was positive. If he pointed out what I should improve, I whine I can make things right.
Last year, some students can resub it by September. I asked a resub to my supervisor, he rejected again.

I just recorded the final report from the doctor school!Now I can 1,quit 2,continue as a mphil 3, mphil.
Can I appeal for a resubmission???its really important for me!please help..

T

Referring to your previous post and the advices that were given, you probably should talk to student union or postgrad coordinator about your situation and seek advice. You had previously highlighted the conflicts between your supervisors and the lack of support from your head, so I have strong suspicion that you will have challenges even in with your appeal. You may have to accept to write up and finish with an MPhil asap and if you wish, start over elsewhere. But talk to your student union or postgrad coordinator first before making decision.