Mres at Birkbeck...

L

Hello,
me again with yet another question. I'm thinking of waiting a year before applying to do a PhD in Social Anthropology as I really need to earn some money.
However, I hate the idea of an inactive year so was thinking of doing an Mres at Birkeck. As their classes are in the evening, I would still be able to hold a full-time job. They don't do anthropology so I was thinking of doing psychology or a course dealing with sociology or politics.
Do you think this would make a PhD application stronger (if my research had to do with psychology as well as anthropology, say...) or would it be irrelevant?
Or do you have any ideas as to how I could fruitfully use my time next year to ensure I have good chances of getting funding?
Thanks!

L

Hiya, the course I'm interested in is a year, 3 evenings a week.

Hum, yes, maybe I should be saving the money...But I can't bear wasting another year and being outside academia!

L

Hi Mia, thanks for the valuable advice (thus saving me at least £3000!). It makes sense, I should be concentrating on preparing for the PhD and not going on a tangent route...I'm thinking of submitting papers to anthropology publications, which would be far more useful...