Msc and MRes ???

B

hiii there all,

well...im doin doin my bachelors in Biotechnology..

i wanted to know what is the difference between MSc and MRes in terms of educational qualifications and job opportunities ???

also...whats the diff. between 'taught' and 'research' course types ???

and...i wanna specialize in Stem Cell Therapy...so for that..do i require Masters in Biotechnology(general) or Medical Biotechnology or Stem Cell Technology ???

plzzzz lemme know...

thanx,
Bharat.

O

Please "lemme" alone and leave this forum, you brainless donkey.

H

lol @ o.stoll

B

Hey to be fair this is a valid question that actually can be answered simply.

An MRes is a maters level research qualification which you obtain by undertaking a significant piece of research at a university. There are no specific classes or exams.

An MSc or other taught programme is more didactic and requires you to attend classes and sit exams. There may be a research component, but this is not the specific focus of the degree.

Not sure which is best for your future career. You should ask the universities that you want to attend about where people go onto.

G

Not quite true BHC. Many MRes's have taught classes, Lancaster's for example. The major difference (?) is the expectations on the student regarding self-sufficiency.

G

hey bharat...m guessing u r studying in india..m i rite?

B

ah...well..m studyin from an Indian college but in Dubai in the U.A.E...
how did ya guess ???

B

well...to specialize in Stem Cell Therapy...do i require a Masters in Biotechnology(general) or Medical Biotechnology or Stem Cell Technology ???

G

well lets just say m good at guessing!So which indian college are you studying from?

B

well...m studyin from Mahe Manipal college - Dubai Campus.
its a well reputed college in India.
Lets see how well reputed it is once im done with my Bachelors...
wat abt u ???

cheers,
Bharat.