MSc Economics - Royal Holloway or Southampton

K

Hello everyone

I've recieved offers from Royal Holloway and Southampton for an MSc in Economics. But i'm not sure which one to go to. The thing is, i feel Southamptons is better but not sure by how much. If i went Southampton, i'd have to live out but i'm trying to save the expenses. If Royal Holloway is only slightly less better, then i suppose i could go there instead (i wouldn't have to live out). I just want any kind of advice on helping me to choose because i'm a bit confused. How can i find out the ins and outs of the MSc at the two different Unis. I want to know which ones better and by how much please?

Thank you for reading and i'll appreciate any replies.

Cheerio

S

i'd opt for royal holloway. but that's just me. i know someone who teaches on that MSc. so if you have any specific questions, just ask!

K

Thnaks for the reply shani. Is there any way i can compare the courses besides using league tables? Also, do you know if they teach econometrics on the royal holloway Msc Economics?

Thanks alot, i appreciate it.

S

yes they do teach econometrics. see here:
http://www.rhul.ac.uk/economics/For-Students/pgcourses.html

i suppose you could just go through the course contents to see if what they offer interests you.

you could also take a more refined look at the league tables: not just the overall rank, but see what they are strong or weak on. for example, one of the unis might be strong in research output, the other might be strong in graduate careers - giving them the overall similar ranking. but then you can decide on the basis of what is more important to you.

K

Cheers for that!

R

employers look at the overall ranking mainly. take the one stands out in the overall ranking

good luck

K

Thanks