MSc Finance in the UK.

M

Hello, my name is Mikhail, I am from Russia. I have been offered a place at Imperial College and Warwick for MSc Finance. What do you think about these universities? Which one is better.

Thank you very much!

Best regards,
Mishiko

M

Imperial , definitely. But the cost of living in London is very high ,especially around the Imperial Campus. I guess in your case it would be base at south kensington.If you are loaded with money , Imperial is defintely for you .

M

Thank you very much! And do you know about career prospectus after Imperial? Can a person without work experience find a job in City after Imperial (MSc Finance)?

G

You're a non-UK/EU national. Thats going to make life a fair bit more difficult (understandably) job wise.

M

I have no idea. But I know it is easier to find a job in London than anywhere else in the UK.

H

Mikhail, Imperial's just opened a new finace division but they get plenty of money to throw around. Warwick is very good too, have a look and see who's got the better academic credentials?

M

Again thank you! Programmes in both universities are very good. However, I have a question about rankings. Overall Imperial is ranked higher than Warwick. However, the ranking of Tanaka Business School(Imperial) is lower that that of Warwick Business School. ( MSc Finance is located at Business Schools). Which of the above ranking can be a good proxy for the rankinf od MSc programmes? And which programme do employers like more?

F

hey there Mikhail!

Ive gotta the same sitution as you regarding the courses, have u made any decisions? Its a tough choice i know, im really confused , been researching the last weeks like a monkey lol :)

btw, whats ur undergrad major?

M

Hello, fishman. I have made a decision. I will study at Imperial. I am studying at a college in Russia. I am working towards two degrees BSc Economics from Russian university and BSc Economics from the University of London External Programme.

F

Congrats on choosing Imperial, i guess we'll see each other in the classes ;). Do u have skype or msn or sth?

M

Yes, I have skype. my nick name there is imereli1988.

W

Hi all,

I got an offer from Imperial to read MSc Finance in October 2008. However, the tuition fee was pretty high. As a result, do you guys know whether there is any source of funding that is available to international student? In fact, I have tried to search for topics in the "Funding" section of the discussion forum but was in vain.

Thanks!

G

'Do you guys know whether there is any source of funding that is available to international student?'

Read back through the forum for similar posts. Its a popular question.

F

Hi Whisky.

There is a segment for scholarships at the Imperal website, you can browse various scholarships there, according to the criteria. But as far as i know, it is very tough for overseas ppl to get them...

U have any skype, msn or sth to keep in touch with future colegues ;) ?

W

There is some problem with my MSN. However, you may send me an email and my email address is [email protected].