MSc Molecular Medicine

K

Hi there,

Was just wondering if anyone else out there is taking the MSc course in Molecular medicine at Sheffield next year? Also can anyone tell me (in general) what will happen for registration etc? If you cant tell Im a little nervous about starting!

Thanks

H

I don't know anything about the course but registration is pretty straight foward.

Appart from the main university registration that everyone has to do (lots of queuing and form filling), you will have somekind of registration for the course by the people who run it. This is useful as you get to meet the other people that will take the course with you. There are plenty of talks about the department and very likely a drinks and nibbles thing where you get to meet other people in the department.

Sheffield is lovely of course, are you staying in halls or private?

K

Thanks for your speedy reply. Im going to be living at home, partly because its cheaper but also because Im ten mins away and then I can keep my job...

Are you doing a masters? If so what advice can you give me? (so nervous/excited about it) Im looking to do a PhD after too.

H

I did my masters at Sheffield and have stayed on to do a PhD.

Tips are, make sure you are on top of your coursework, the most easiest courses (seemingly) end up having the most time consuming coursework. Not sure if you will have any groupwork but that takes the longest to do.

K

What was your Masters in if you dont mind me asking? I think the biggest thing for me will be the six month lab project (are they serious when they say 100 pages?!)

If things get bad I will have to quit my job...

S

hey kami i am planning onto t do my masters in molecular medicine from sheffield...could you please tell me the further job prospects....

K

Hey. I personally am not enjoying the course at the moment but you may like it. the theory is nothing you wouldnt learn in your undergrad course.

the job prospects after are supposed to be good but im looking into PhD positions atm.