MSc Operational Research/Decision Sciences at LSE

V

Im looking for some advice from current/prospective or an alumnus of this group or LSE in general about this course.. what the admissions requirements are.. and stuff like that..

M

I'd think it will need a 2.1 in an undergraduate course with some mathematical content. Can I ask what you background is and what you're looking for? I've not been to LSE so I don't know anything specific. However I've studied an MSc OR at another uni and did my undergrad at another which is popular for OR. Therefore it may be a biased view but from what i've heard the OR course is not as well regarded as say Southampton, Warwick or Lancaster but it's up there. However it is a more internationally well known Uni so it comes down to what you want the masters for.

V

I have an undergraduate engineering degree with a major in Biotechnology, but there was a lot of math covered.

Im currently working on a masters in Biomedical Engineering at Boston University, where I can safely say Ive had a pretty rigorous experience in Stochastics, Stimulations, Signal Processing etc.. more specifically, I will be writing a thesis related to statistical decision theory models for cognitive strategies in the auditory system..

Im not looking for anything specific, but Im not too keen on a scientific/technical job so Im a bit drawn to OR and Decision Sciences.

Im also keen on LSE, because I reckon the name can help me pursue healthcare/pharma or even the quantitative/analytical groups of engineering firms more agqressively.

V

*Simulations