My first and only interview!

T

Hi Peeps

So recently I posted on here a few questions as this is my first time applying for a phd and I hadnt received any responses from my applications.

BUT....I have been offered my first and only interview!!
I have been told I need to do a short presentation and I will be given a tour.
I wanted to know what to expect from the rest of the time I'm there? What sort of questions can I expect? and as its a 4 year phd with the first year as a MRes, does this change anything?
Do they ask questions surrounding the field your applying for, do they try to test your knowledge?

any advice people could offer me would be greatly received.

U

I already have a masters degree, and I too have a PhD interview coming up; which I'm dreading to be honest!
I just want to start the PhD without having to go through all this crap as I hate interviews.

I would imagine that during the presentation phase they may test your knowledge on the PhD topic. However, they will not be looking for you to know everything at this stage, as it would defeat the purpose of doing the PhD in the first place. Furthermore, the MRes will get you up to speed on current issues in the field that you're doing your PhD in; so it's definitely a good thing to do!