My first literature chapter

E

I just got my first literature review chapter back from my supervisor.

When I saw it, it was as shock for me, as it seemed to be all red with corrections! But after reading the corrections, I saw that there weren't any major ones. Just move paragraphs and expand 1 or 2 arguments...
So, I am very pleased with myself and I am ready to move on with the corrections and re-draft the chapter.
It is very important for me. It makes me really proud of myself, as the whole PhD procedure is very difficult because I am working FT, I live in Greece (my uni is in UK) and my first language is not English....

I am really happy and wanted to share it! Thank you all for being happy for me!

J

Well done - inspiration for all of us

P

:) All my work tends to get covered in red ink too. There never seems to be anything too major to change but there's always plenty of red!

Congrats, hope the rest of the chapters go as well.

B

Well done Emmaki (up)

Always good to hear about the high points too :-)

J

Well done! My supervisor also covers things in different colours, red for this, green for that, blue for something else.. in fact he has pinched all the best colours and left me with the brown and the sort of muddy grey which are hard to see amongst everything else ... but sometimes its just comments, and sometimes it is 'you need to expand this bit...Oh I see you have' or 'nice one!!!' which make me smile a bit, he sort of edits as he thinks.

R

Good show, Emmaki!

This is indeed quite an achievement. It not easy to write in another language, to be away from your uni and to work full time. As such I think you can be proud on what you have delivered.

Again, well done.:-)

E

Thank you all!!!!!!
Good luck with your research and I hope you all have good results soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!(up)