My friend has quit.

G

After two whole years my friend has quit her PhD. I'm gutted. We worked together in quite a small department with only 5 PhD students (in the same field) and we've had many ups and downs so I'm really not sure how I will do my last year without her.

We were the first two to start doing this particular course and we were on the same level right the way through until we hit the 'transfer strage'. Her level of support from her supervisors seems to have been pretty dire and while I got through she had to withdraw her report (twice). I am very angry at this. I feel she has been totally messed around.

On the postive side she seems to be happy with her decision to leave and I'm totally behind that of course. Still...I'm very sad today.

J

my two friends quit as well. its dawned on me that i really have to work harder than i ever have to survive this. they were very hardworking people!!

G

Sorry to hear that JoJo. Its not nice is it? We'll get through. I'm thinking I'm going to be on here a lot more in this next year - who will I 'rant' to?