my supervisor drives me insane

O

I am only three month in but he already drives me over the edge. He is complelty illogical, has no idea about my topic (but of course does not accept this and the fact that I worked in the area for 4 years), he never has a nice word and the most said sentence is: I don't understand what you mean. The other thing which really enojs me is that he always compares apples with... bricks or ants.

O

... continued

I want to do an experimental setup and he says: no, as i have done this before we do it this way. me: yes, but your experiment was with apples and mine is with ants. Him: this does not justify another setup. me:????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
the real problem is that I have a chrush on my 2. supervisor and don't won't to go there. I am so stupid!!!!!!!!!!! How could I get myself into this????
sorry, but I needed a good moan.

B

My supervisor was the master of being able to subtly compare you with another PhD student, in a way that would imply that you were lacking. He was also fluent in euphamisms about time so when he said "I will see you tommorow to explain something", he meant tommorow as in next Thursday (if he remembered).