need advice drop phD program

B

Hi everyone,

I am 2nd years of my phD. I am not working well with my supervisor. She could not give me good advice, no direction, sometimes her advice is not right at all. I feel that I cannot discuss with her, and anytime come to her room she asks me whether the discussion is short. therefore I want to drop it, I found another phD chance in other lab. Now I want to find a good reason to get out. Anyone have this experience before. I am now really stress about my experiment and changing position.

T

Hi, bigchange,

When you say that you have found another phd chance, do you mean that you have been accepted into that group? If yes, great. Just leave and cite poor fit to project as reason. Your phd superisor is not doing her duties and clearly this is impacting your phd.

T

I know someone who did this at the end of her first year. She has no regrets at all. Go for it! Might be a good idea not to announce anything though until all is certain about the other position. Definitely agree with tru's reason to cite for leaving. No need to go into the other reasons.