Need help on how to do a Masters in Pharmacy,but not the whole four years as I already have a BSc in Bio-Pharmaceutical Sciences.

K

Hi,

As mentioned in the title I have graduated with a bachelors degree in Bio-Pharmaceutical Sciences. I am looking to furhtur myself into Pharmacy. I was wondering if there were any Universities or any wayy in which I can complete the Pharmacy course but not do the whole four years. Would appreciate any help or thoughts.

Thankyou,
kiolp123:-)

W

No, I think you'd have to do the whole four years. Many moons ago, I looked into this myself and that's what I got told. Of course, you can check as well and the number to call is: 0845 504 6277

S

this is from the RPS website, looks like it is at the discretion if the uni.

Are there any conversion courses to pharmacy and can I study part-time?
Previous studies may exempt some people from parts of the course that their subject covers under APL (Accreditation of Prior Learning). This means that the university will look at the syllabus of course completed and decide if it is sufficient to exempt the student from part of the MPharm course. This decision is at the discretion of the School of Pharmacy and thus should be discussed with the admissions tutor. Unfortunately there is no opportunity to study part-time as the course is intensive and requires full time learning.

S

also just noticed that strathcylde uni in glasgow consider graduates for second year of the MPharm.