Need to recover... Applying for a PhD again. Plz help !!!

N

Dear All,

I'm sick of feeling unhappy. I'm sick of being angry all the time. I've been unhappy for the past 2 yrs. But sh*t happens so I want my life back on track.

I've no idea where to begin... It seems like climbing a mountain now as I've lost all my confidence to even search efficiently as I never thought I'd b in the same position.

My expertise is in coal combustion. I'm a chemical engineer by profession. For 2.5yrs of my phd till I was made to withdraw, I had been running both lab scale & pilot scale experiments in coal combustion (oxygen enrichment, oxy fuel etc). I have written 2 research papers on coal reactivity & the effect on flue gas emissions using various techniques of coal combustion.

Lots of people have told me to go to Germany but I want to go to the US as I have family there. To be honest, I can only go where they offer me a GOOD scholarship & the topic is in energy as that was my field before. I can't spend anything on living costs & cannot spend any money on tuition fees in case I'm offered a partial scholarship as, quite frankly, I have no money left as I spent it on my disaster of a phd. And I owe my uni around £55k as they have asked me to pay them back the entire amount of the scholarship as I returned without a phd.

Bottom line: I'm doing this for my parents, so they can be proud of me & because I need to finish what I started. I don't want their hard-earned money to go to waste. I will never be happy nor will I ever have a sense of accomplishment again if I don't finish this !

Where do I apply ? Plz help.....