Nvivo - which manual?

T

Hello - apologies if this has been posted before. I need a practical guide to learning Nvivo ( a how-to manual rather than something on qualitative research per se). I don't think I will be able to attend any training courses so does anyone have any recommendations for a good book on the subject?
Thanks!

C

Hi Tortellini, You could try "Using Software in Qualitative Research: A Step-by-Step Guide" by A. Lewins and C. Silver. The authors are based at the University of Surrey in Guildford and run really good courses introductory and advanced for NVivo - so if you can find the time/money to get there I recommend it. However, since the courses are good I imagine the book will be too!
Best of luck :-)

T

The book by Lewins and Silver is ok but I've not found it amazingly helpful. I'd recommend "Handling Qualitative Data" by Lun Richards. Also, there are lots of online tutorials that can help you. They are at the bottom of this page http://www.sagepub.co.uk/richards/ I'm using Nvivo 8 but have found all the 7 stuff useful too.

Best get back to my analyse now as sadly Nvivo doesn't do it automatically whilst you surf the net :-(