ONE WEEK EXACTLY TO GO!!!

C

I am due to hand-in a penultimate draft (number two) of the entire thesis pending comments before submission next month.....in 7 days!

Still so much to do, writing a "To do List" for the next 7 days....

(freaking out)

Any strategies for "feeling the fear" and getting so much done in the week?

(sprout)(sprout)(sprout)(sprout)

coffee, but not too much! and breathe.

**sneaks is very jealous and is no where near 'penultimate draft' stage :-( **

N

You need to remember that a thesis is never perfect. I almost killed myself getting my stuff done. It made me really poorly. You need to make sure you schedule in breaks - to cook and eat. It sounds silly I know but these things will keep you going. Make sure your housemates/partner etc know that you are going to be stressed and maybe they can make sure you do these things, if they offer to cook - say yes. Make sure you eat with others so you spend some time away from the screen. If you are doing all nighters, remember to eat well during those. You are far more important than any thesis. Make a list of everything you need to get done, be realistic. You can only do so much. I would try to make sure that all the chapters are of the same standard, don't have one chapter lacking because you want to make another chapter perfect. Do your best and I am sure you will be fine. Good Luck.

A

hi chris, I don't have much to give in the way of advice except to say don't wreck yourself, you still have a month to go after this week! take breaks when you need to, deep breaths when you're about to freak out and cry! and all the junk food/chocolate etc that you need to keep the pain at bay! and good luck!!! (up)

C

Thanks for you posts - I have stocked up in the supermarket for a week or writing with treats and cooked meals!!

It begins. :ß

T

Go Chrisrolinski Go!
Feel the force of phd.com willing you to the finish line 8-)

S

Hey Chrisrolinksi

You're getting there!! (up) Yes, there's a whole bunch of us willing you on - you can do it!! Excellent plan for eating well, also remember to take walks/exercise, and sleep too. And as others have said, if you start to feel overwhelmed, breathe.

Let us know how you're going. Good luck!