Overcoming writers block

H

I found this article interesting.
http://sethgodin.typepad.com/seths_blog/2011/09/talkers-block.html

Essentially boils down to the usual advice of writing regularly, but I thought it was a nice way of getting the point across.

B

I'd read that article before. I was surprised that the writer didn't pick up on the lack of talker's block as a way of overcoming writer's block. If I am totally stumped about what to write I will often simply speak my ideas out loud, recording them onto my computer. I find that gets ideas out and flowing, and when I play the recording back I've come up with lots of good stuff, much unexpected. I type those up as I listen, and use those as the basis for further development.

I also find mind mapping hugely helpful. I've recently bought an iPad and bought a good mind mapping app for it. I can start with a blank canvas that way, but put down sub nodes, and sub sub nodes, including typically things I'd never imagined at the start. And soon I have a very detailed plan, which can be turned into proper sentences and paragraphs with little effort.

S

Quote From BilboBaggins:

I've recently bought an iPad and bought a good mind mapping app for it. I can start with a blank canvas that way, but put down sub nodes, and sub sub nodes, including typically things I'd never imagined at the start.

Bilbo, which programme do you use? Mindnode? I have been looking for something for a while, started using Mindnode recently, but it can get a bit annoying with text not exactly fitting on the node etc.

B

Quote From SBCC:

Bilbo, which programme do you use? Mindnode? I have been looking for something for a while, started using Mindnode recently, but it can get a bit annoying with text not exactly fitting on the node etc.

I tried various programs but settled on iThoughtsHD because I like the user interface best, and it seems to have the widest range of import and export options.

Z

======= Date Modified 28 Sep 2011 09:51:30 =======
============= Edited by a Moderator =============
--inappropriate content--