Overwhelmed - help!

R

Hi everyone,

I'm towards the end of my second year and have a really good chunk of my introduction written up. Trouble is I'm scared that it doesn't include everything i want it to, I feel like I have done it over such a long period that it isn't as up to date as I would want it to be.

Then, when I start to write I go blank and just feel like I'm writing for the sake of adding to a word count? Does anyone have any advice for

- structuring content
- ensuring literature reviews are thorough
- making sure your intro is what you want, without rewriting and starting it all over! (I really do not want to do this....)

I think I just need some support... I have no one I can really talk to about this sort of thing as it's "not a real job" so i'm finding it so hard.

Thanks in advance for anything you can offer,

R

T

Yeah... you will probably end up rewriting it for your thesis.

I wrote a literature review in my first year, which was basically my thesis introduction, but I ended up rewriting it from scratch in my 4th year. I think this is quite normal, or at least it is if you do it properly. What I knew in my 4th year was vastly superior to my knowledge in my second year. I know people that used their first year one as their thesis intro and in my opinion it wasn't thorough enough, They still passed their PhD though. It doesn't really make any difference to be honest. I just rewrote it because I knew I could do better and I wanted to make sure it was 100% up to date. I added some papers in post viva as well because they were new out and I wanted to acknowledge them. I did this purely for me though.

I would leave yours now and work on something else. You can update it later.