Passed viva with minor corrections!

A year ago, I was this close in being thrown out of my PhD. I was here on the forum, seeking assurance from people. Unfortunately I had to delete all my posts and sign in with a new name. But people like keanbean etc I remember you all.

I saw posts about people passing the viva. I thought, that was a long way away for me.

Today, I passed my viva. It feels incredibly surreal.

Don't give up guys. Keep pushing. Im the living prove that it can be done. Never give up.

W

That's amazing, massive congratulations to you, all the more so because it seems like you didn't have an easy ride of things!

If you don't mind could you say a bit more about how you turned things around, found the motivation etc - I am looking to submit soon but I am constantly doubting my work, and as you said the viva feels a long way away for me.

Hope you have something nice planned to celebrate and once again many congrats Dr! (up)

B

Congratulations! (up)

L

Congratulations, 5DMk2! So good to hear you came through the other side... a Dr!
Thanks for taking the time to post your story, I know people really appreciate them, particularly when someone really struggled. Go celebrate :)

A

Many, many congratulations Dr. - a great achievement, enjoy the well-earned celebrations:-)

W

Congrads 5DMk2!

D

It just shows how much of a rollercoaster journey a PhD is. Many don't consider the emotional influence it has too. It is possible to turn around your PhD with motivation, determination and support - forums like this are brilliant!

Well done Dr 5DMk2, you are an inspiration (up) Hope your enjoying some well earned celebrations.

S

Well done(up)