pdf articles-Do you print them or read them on the screen?

J

As we all have a massive ammount of pdf articles we have to read relevant to our research, i was wondering how you all deal with it? Computer screen really hearts my eyes. I print almost all articles that are really interesting but it they started occupying a lot of space in my room, not to mention it's not easy to file or carry around every time. I was thinking about e book readers or ipad or i could reconsider a netbook computer with a screen designed not to affect eyes that much. What is your opinion? Have you ever used ebook readers for your articles?

M

I thought about this as well some time ago. I used to try make an effort to print off journals. However this just was not realistic like you say with the space and scrolling through an article is much easier than flicking through it. Plus I don't know what I would do without being able to electronically search for words instantly

Defo getting a ipad or something is the way to go if your feeling strain. I bought a high quality monitor (22") and I love it! Or maybe take some reg breaks?

D

I'm the same as I prefer to read the paper version but my papers were taking over the room so I had to start using the pdf only apart from some papers which I print out as I know I'll use them a lot. I find it harder to read pdfs but it's a matter of getting to used to them. I find that reading them slowly (I mean scrolling down the page) helps with the eye strain and a bigger screen and breaks also help. Hope this helps. 8-)

A

Yup. I have ever tried to build PDF web viewers to help

with the help of some manual tools which can be customized by users according to our own favors. You can also google it and select one whose way of processing is simple and fast to help you with the related work. Remember to check its free trial package first if possible. I hope you success. Good luck.

Best regards,
Arron

N

Quote From arronlee:
Yup. I have ever tried to build PDF web viewers to help with the help of some manual tools which can be customized by users according to our own favors. You can also google it and select one whose way of processing is simple and fast to help you with the related work. Remember to check its free trial package first if possible. I hope you success. Good luck.

Best regards,
Arron

HI there
Thanks for your nice sharing.I am looking for a PDF web viewer to help reading PDF files.I want to know that if you know any free trial from a pdf viewer.Thanks a lot

K

Hi,
did you try reading from a tablet? I bought one at the beginning of my Master studies and it has made my life so much easier.

F

PDF all the way. It just takes some time to get used to (1 week of effort). I believe that it is more efficient in terms of speed, there is a highlight tool, and not to mention the all powerful Ctrl+F search function when you want to quickly scan a 100+ page document for a key word.

Physical paper is stone ages for me.

T

If I'm quickly scanning articles, I will read them on screen, but for in depth analysis I much prefer paper. I like the fact that it feels like there's a physical end to it and reading continually on screen gives me a headache and hurts my eyes.