PhD admission interview. Please help me!

M

Hi all,

I've been invited for PhD admission interview at Oxford.

This will be my first interview. So dont know what to do. Please tell me how PhD admission interview looks like! and give me some helpful tips and suggestions.

Please help me out.

Thax

A

I got the impression when I went for mine that they just wanted to see how motivated you are. Just act enthusiatic and like you're willing to work hard and like you *really* want to do it. be yourself though! I got asked a few technical questions and had trouble answering them lol, still got the offer. I've heard that different places have different interview styles, so I don't know if that of much help anyway!

M

Thanks! aloevera
For your kind message.

S

I think alovera is pretty much right - they have already pre-qualified you based on your c.v.

now you have to convince them that more than anyone, you are the person for the job

just make sure you are keen, enthusiastic and have some knowledge of their subject area

good luck

S

M

I went to two interviews at Oxford recently. They are mostly interested in what you have been doing in terms of project. Read some of the papers that related to the project you are applying to then that should be enough! Good luck :D

M

thanks guys for your helpful comments

G

How was your interview? Did you hear from them?