Phd after MBBS

N

Hi,I hold a MBBS degree from India n am looking forward to a Phd programme in the US,maybe neuropsychiatry.
I have great confusion in going about finding information on pursuing it.
Could anybody please guide me in how to pursue it n where I can find information for the same.

H

I may be wrong, but I think this forum is predominantly UK based students so not much good for the US. Try looking at selected American university websites as a start.

H

Narmada, your message is highly relevant to this forum. I do not agree with the person who mentioned that this forum is predominantly UK based students. In fact the number of US university PhD students posting and viewing message here may be greater. My guess is that this forum is intended for PhD students around the globe.

P

This IS actually a primarily UK based forum, no harm in that, there are plenty on the web for specific educational systems.

H

I do know that there are lots of US based PhD students posting/viewing messages here. Also, the website does not say that this is exclusively for UK based students. I would like to know the opinion of other users on this. It will be great to hear about this from the moderators too.

H

======= Date Modified 02 Nov 2008 11:00:21 =======
This is PRIMARILY a UK based forum, there are a few students from abroad who post here but most are looking at studying in the UK. If there are so many US-based forum members, how come her question hasn't been answered yet?

I'm not saying that non-UKers shouldn't post but you obviously aren't going to get as much help asking about non-UK universities.

G

======= Date Modified 02 Nov 2008 10:29:40 =======
"I do not agree with the person who mentioned that this forum is predominantly UK based students. In fact the number of US university PhD students posting and viewing message here may be greater."

Not true. In my 2 years plus of contributing on here, I've noted that there is the odd North American contributor, but it is quite literally only the odd one. The vast majority of contributors to here are UK based. No ones saying they can't contribute, its just they don't seem to - probably because there something better out there that suits their needs.

P

Absolutely my point. Nobody is speaking of a "rule" or a "statute" lol or something of that sort! It is just the case, that most of the people who post here are from the UK, there are exceptions, spread across other countries, but yes, UK definitely has the most number of people...wow! this is becoming a debate quite different to what Narmada wrote this post for.

As an instance, run a search for the term 'supervisor' and run a separate search for 'advisor' and see the difference...

F

Hi Narmada,

It might be a good idea to try Phinished.org, Chronicle.com, or Phdcomics.com forums to see if your question can be answered, as these pertain to more US-based PhDs.

Best of luck!

M

Just to add (and not that the point needs taking any further really) this is a commercial UK website. It's ran by a UK firm (see the bottom the page), and obviously makes its money from advertising masters and PhD programmes in the UK, so it's unlikely to attract many international students unless their intentions are to study in the UK. When a thread is posted from an international student who is asking about study outside the UK (and EU), then they invariably do not any answers.

P

Fantastically put Misspacey!(up)

P

Fantastically put Misspacey!(up)