PhD Assistance and Guidance - Currently 250 PhDs registered

S

======= Date Modified 06 24 2009 10:24:44 =======
============= Edited by a Moderator =============
Removed - outrageously shameful advertising.

P

Not a single word do I have... Just waiting for the moderators, can't even bear to look at this!

D

Visited this site many times......had never posted until now.

Plain and simple, this makes me sad. Not even at the worst times, when workload is huge and pressure is high would I consider this.

R

Posts like this are quite depressing. 250 people all effectively buying PhDs instead of doing the work.

I can't imagine even the bunch on The Apprentice stooping this low for a money-making opportunity. Though they do sometimes mention selling their grannies if the price is right....

P

Maybe 250 people are not buying any of this crap.... it could just be a phony post trying to steal people's money...

What worries me by the names of the engineering journals mentioned, that there may be an engineering grad or MTech behind this....oh dear.

This post has completely depressed me. So many junk posts come up on here, and I remember that person trying to promote some essay selling MBA site, but this one just sickened me. I was thinking of the huge amt of efforts and dedication we put in as PhD students to perfect everything we write, and then, to see this...

P

Moderators, just a suggestion....perhaps when you chop this crappy post above off the boards, you may wish to retain bits of it with a scathing comment...just so people can see what it was like, or else it shows nothing but "removed by moderator"....

S

Not only does this post sadden me (editing a book at the moment and even more cramped for time than usual - makes it all seem even more pointless); but, the English is actually p*ss-poor. No way on earth would I allow people with bad grammar to publish in my name...

Shanmugum I think you are scum for running such an operation, but if you're going to do it, at least do it properly!

H

Attention Griantechnologies:

WOW! I have this incredible offer JUST FOR YOU!!!!!!!!!!

I can solve you advertising issues and GUARANTEE increased web traffic through my new patent "Skratchit" service. For just £500 per day, that's right JUST £500 per day, I will ensure that every student coming your way does ALL THEIR OWN WORK!! BY THEMSELVES WOW!!!

This concept is brand new, novel and never been thought of before. WOW!!! Why have some student pay YOU to do THEIR work when they can do it themselves. And pay you to tell them this!

Contact us today at www.this_is_a_total_crock.com
Don't delay, call today!

S

maybe Shanmugam can tell me where to find hindi movies with english subtitles..................

P

A certain Bug is rolling on the floor with a stitch in her sides and thinks this is the coolest forum ever!;-)8-):p(up)

P

Quote From Hypothesis:

Attention Griantechnologies:

WOW! I have this incredible offer JUST FOR YOU!!!!!!!!!!

I can solve you advertising issues and GUARANTEE increased web traffic through my new patent "Skratchit" service. For just £500 per day, that's right JUST £500 per day, I will ensure that every student coming your way does ALL THEIR OWN WORK!! BY THEMSELVES WOW!!!

This concept is brand new, novel and never been thought of before. WOW!!! Why have some student pay YOU to do THEIR work when they can do it themselves. And pay you to tell them this!

Contact us today at www.this_is_a_total_crock.com
Don't delay, call today!

You are completely brilliant! Gives me the idea of starting a creative writing uncompetitive competition here..

B

Thinking from a wider perspective, this sort of thing is sadly inevitable.

Academia is now a lassaiz faire economic system where university has become marketised and BAs, MScs and PhDs are becoming yet another consumer product available for purchase. There is a willing supply of "help" from the poor, desparate and/or disillusioned, who only have their academic skills to trade. There is a willing demand from the less able, the wealthy and disinclined to study.

If you want to look at it in one way, its almost like intellectual version of prostitution. There are only victims. Others will view it as "enterprising" and a way of "thinking outside the box" and using academic skills in a real world context.

I remember I once was approached to work for a similar venture (writing essays for undergrads). I seriously contemplated it. I was in a low point in my life, probably lowest. If you are interested its all documented here.

http://www.postgraduateforum.com/threadViewer.aspx?TID=6730

I am glad I didnt go ahead with it, but I know many ex PhDers that did (and still do). I don't approve of it, but I think this kind of thing is understandable within the current mass university system.

PS. This must be the worst "advert" ever. The writing style is horrific and gives the impression that anyone going to them for "assistance" would be better of asking a 5 year old relative for help.

S

I've been approached about essay writing too. There's a ton of people doing this. I've seen other sites offereing PhD thesis writing too.

I do wonder how the student would get through their viva if they hadn't actually written their PhD. This is why we still need vivas and hand-written exam pieces.

S

I'm really quite shocked by this - naive aren't I! A) I wouldn't trust someone with this writing style to write my shopping list let alone something I put forward for publishing in my name, and B) this is so very very sad that people may respond to this (not on this forum - but other places) and have their potential career destroyed by awful presentation, pay money for it, and not be able to do the job if they do get through!

I'm looking forward to this thread being wiped, or at least heavily flagged as a rip off by the mods. I couldn't help but laugh at some of the responses, it cheered me up no end after seeing this and just feeling quite gutted.

Badhaircut – please do not use this joke advert as another excuse to go on about how terrible the university system and academic careers are. All you seem to do is pour negativity and pessimism on every aspect of academia as soon as half a chance emerges to do so!

Please stop banging on about how hard academic careers are or how useless universities are, you really sound like a broken record now. So many people would jump at the chance to be a lecturer, have a research contract (inc fixed term) or get a PhD studentship, despite your negativity about all of these things. Many people are happy and please to be doing a PhD/starting an academic career and this makes your constant, unfounded moaning these things is really hard to take. Sorry if this is out of place to say this but I have read the negative nonsense you write for so long I feel I need to speak up about it now.

“Its almost like intellectual version of prostitution. There are only victims” – No, this is just a bad advert that no one in their right mind would use. It’s nothing more than that so let’s stop saying silly, melodramatic things like this.

If academia and academic careers are so horrific, why don't you just get a different job in a different field? Or is it that academic careers aren't that bad and you just like moaning at any oppourtunity?