PHD ASSISTANSHIP/FUNDING IN URBAN PLANNING

P

I am an African with 2-1 degree in urban planning, MSc in Computing and Master of City and Regional Planning. Can any good Samaritan link me up with a professor in US, UK, Canada or Australia for a PhD Studentship/Funding in any area of Urban Planning or GIS? I have been trying to get the opportunity for a long time despite my interest, good CV and experience. I would really love to start September 2007. Any advice, suggestion and way forward would be much appreciated

A

if only finding a scholarship was that easy...first of all, the topic - how to find funding-appeared hundreds of times on the forum already,and there are no miracle solutions:use google if you're looking for funding in the UK (don't know similar websites for other countries,but somebody else might),l;ook up the websites of the universities that have relevant programs,and set aside plenty of time to do that-it can take up to a year to locate a relevant PhD program and funding.good luck!

S

Oh, sorry for the digression here. Do you know how long does a PhD in Canada or Australia take? Are funding opportunities abundant there for overseas students? Do they need GRE score? What is the structure/time frame of a social science PhD which involves fieldwork?

V

Check out FindAPhD.com (link on the left). I would think it's too late to apply for this year.