PhD at Physiotherapy Department

A

I am from Poland and in July I will be the Master of Physiotherapy. However, I have always dream to get PhD abroad,especially in Ireland, but i don`t have any idea how to do it. My university won`t help me so I don`t know where to begin. I found 2 Departments: Dublin- Trinity College and Antrim- University of Ulster. I don`t have any idea how to do PhD abroad, what is the cost,are there any scholarships,will it mean getting a post at the university and having lectures with students (like in Poland)? I have too much question and don`t know where to find the answers. please help,Asia

H

Why Ireland? Have you been there before?

Sounds like you are limiting yourself badly, it's not the biggest place in the world.

A

it has to be a country in which I will speak english because i don`t know any other language besides polish, i fought also about England but there are too much people from my country and I have always dream about Ireland- culture and so on,,,. I can try in England but even there i don`t know how to start the PhD, can you give mi some clues?

G

It might be good for you to do a PhD in an English-speaking-country including England or Ireland. Let me mention that, according to a newspaper, there are over 600 and 200 thousands Polish workers in England (having over 50 million population) and Ireland (having almost 4 million population), respectively.

My suggestion to you is to look for a PhD supervisor, who may offer you a PhD studenship, in UK or Ireland in the area of your interest. There is no lecture during the PhD study in UK, except for a 4 year integrated MSc/PhD programme. Prepare a good CV and a purpose of statement, and once your are ready, send them to prospective supervisors... You are going to be a PhD student. Good luck.....

A

Asia, contact me on aniakg[at]elear.pl - I'm a Polish student on a Ph.D. bursary in England, might be able to answer a couple of your questions.

A

Dear Ania, I wanted to write to you on your mail but my computer doesn`t. He can`t accept your mail. Is there a chance to contact with you in another way? Or please try to write to me on my mail, tamara378 @ wp.pl . I will wait for an answer.If not, I would like to talk with you here, on forum, bye.

M

======= Date Modified 08 Apr 2011 13:55:22 =======
============= Edited by a Moderator =============
Content removed by administrator. Reason - advertising.

M

======= Date Modified 11 Apr 2011 10:27:22 =======
============= Edited by a Moderator =============
Removed -Inappropriate content-