PhD at Salford University (Prefer current PhD students or a PhD graduate from it)

Y

Hello All,

I got a PhD offer from Salford University.

I need your advice, because I have few concerns about the university.

- Is it a good University and worth doing PhD in it, and does it have a good ranking?

- Does the University cares a lot for their PhD's students or no?

- Is the PhD system in it different than other universities? (or each university in the U.K. has its own system).

- How is the university/city life/environment?

- How are the Staff, Supervisors, and people there?

Pardon me guys some of the questions might look silly, but I do care a lot to know about the university more.
I am an international self-funded student who will spend 10 thousands of pounds and will live there for 3 to 4 years.

I prefer replies from old or current students who studied or already studying PhD at Salford between 2016 and 2018.

Thank you in advance.

I hope you can help me :)

T

Hello,
Can you tell us a little more, what is your area of research? Salford has major strengths in the built environment for instance.but might not be as good in other areas.
Cheers
Tester

C

We've already spoken, but I just wanted to say congratulations on the offer :-)

Y

Quote From Tester:
Hello,
Can you tell us a little more, what is your area of research? Salford has major strengths in the built environment for instance.but might not be as good in other areas.
Cheers
Tester

Thank you for your reply.

I prefer to not to mention the title of my research as it related to my government.
I just can tell you it is in the school of computing, science and engineering.

Y

Quote From chantedsnicker:
We've already spoken, but I just wanted to say congratulations on the offer :-)

Thank you so much my friend :)