PhD in UK or USA

G

I want to get a PhD in Manegement. Please advice which is better the PhD program in the UK or USA. I'm International student so it deosn't matter which country but i'm focus on the program it selve.

G

It all depends on where you want to work in future. Many top American PhD programmes are known all over the world. As for the UK, there is lesser number of universities that are that well-known abroad or outside Europe. As a result if you want to work outside these two countries you have to make sure that the business school where you got your degree is well-known for its research - it means better job perspectives.

G

American programmes are longer (4-6 years) and there you take lots of courses in your future area of specialization. In the UK you take only couple courses in research methods, and it takes only 3 years to get a degree. Also there is an issue with funding. In the USA most top PhD programmes provide full funding (tuition fees+living expenses), and in the UK it is difficult to get funding, especially if you are non-EU student and you are not top-quality one (based on your education and research background).

G

To learn more about PhD in Management, go to http://forums.businessweek.com/bw-bschools/start and find a forum called "PhD in Strat.? 4th yr @ Top 25 taking Q". Also try this link http://www.gmatclub.com/phpbb/viewforum.php?f=21 Good luck!

G

Thank you Alex.
I'm in the gulf countries and hold MBA from well known american school. But i don't want to spend much time for the PhD and more coureses as on the american system. On the other hand, the american universities are well known here compare to the UK universities as you note befor. Please advive which way to go?

G

If you want to go home after you get a PhD, I think you better ask several professors at your home universities. For example, I know very well that if I get PhD abroad it will mean nothing in my home country. They just don't accept it. For some wierd reason, PhD from a western country equals only to a Master's degree here. My choice was quite easy - I decided I wanted to live in the UK in future, so I applied to the British univesities.

G

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am a citizen of Bangladesh serving for an NGO called BRAC as Senior
HealthCoordinator. I completed masters on Health Policy and Development
from the University of Wales Swansea, UK. Now I like to appear myself as a doctoral student. Is there any scope to conduct research on Economic impact of Tuberculosis on patient and their family in Bangladesh?

I will be grateful if you kindly inform me regarding the above mentioned issue as early as possible.

Kind regards

Bivakar Roy

G

I have just completed my MBA from Bangalore (INDIA). I want to pursue phd in HRM from UK universities. Kindly advise

G

You can look at http://www.educationuk.org/
Choose programmes there and go to the websites of the programmes.

G

Hello sir, iam a resident of Pakistan and presently iam serving in an islamic bank i.e. Meezan Bank as a Credit Admin Officer, i have done my masters in Public Administration from Punjab University...i wanted to have ur advice that how and which field shall i select for PHD..and how to work with it for studies in UK..thanks

G

i am an indian and i want to do phd in europe or usa please advice.
reply at [email protected]

G

Hello sir /madam I completed MBA(HR)MBA(IBM)and MPhil.I want to do Phd In usa or Uk please guide me inthis regarding my mail id is [email protected]

G

Hello sir /madam I completed MBA(Marketing).I want to do Phd in USA or Uk with 3year 6month working exp. please guide me inthis regarding my mail id is [email protected]

J

Hello Alex (future PhD student) I am curious which country are you talking about where its local master degree is considered equivalent to the PhD in 'western countries'? What about the PhD degree in your country, is there an equivalent degree in the western country?

Z

Hello Sir,
I am Zeenat kanwal from Pakistan I had completed PhD degree from SALU khairpur Pakistan would you like to suggest me for further degree as iam planning to continue my education over in UK, I have to do the postdoc or double PhD as I can understand what will be the worth of my PhD as I did from Pakistan. You suggestion may lead to my ambition.
Thanks
Zeenat