PhD Mental Workout

A

Just a tip. The otherday I found these:

http://intranet.cs.man.ac.uk/mentors/resources/broada/cs/cs710/viva.html

Viva questions. Useful though for any stage of your Phd. If I feel as though I am losing track, I go through these and try and answer them as quickly as possible. Helps to get you out of that 'woods and trees' syndrome.

Of course some of them I can't answer, but those are perhaps worth spending more time thinking over (if they are relevant), or perhaps you could discuss them with your supervisor - though if he's anything like mine he'll just tell you not to worry about them!

B

Oh my word, I think I may have just had a heart attack.

A

I used those to prepare for my viva (2 yrs ago) - my PhD wasn't in computer science but I still found that webpage very useful!

A

"In one sentence, what is your thesis?" Holy shuddering fear, Batman! I can see how this would be useful, but I think I might have to start preparing now, a year in advance!

J

I know - it's enough to bring on an MI!!

tho I think after you've ran around the room screaming a few times, if you think calmly, some of them are not that daunting.

positivity or denial?!

T

I've been prepping for the viva for a few weeks now, these questions make me realise I'm still not ready. Will I ever be ready!!!!!!!

Tiggs