PhD Nutrition in USA or France

C

I a searching for a PhD opportunity in the domain of nutrition.

I have recently graduated from the university of bordeaux in france, but i have a lot of difficulty in finding a funded program although i have a good average(13/20).

i dunno if this is a new orientation in research programs,i noticed that there are some european preference over the international students (im from lebanon).

Thx

P

i would imagine there a quite a few opportunities but you need to decide which area of 'nutrition' you want ie molecular/ population based study, or more specific i.e nutrition and cancer? what sort of area do you want to work in?

C

Well, in fact, im fond of nutrition mechanisms, how nutrients are related to most of the pathologies, cancer, diabetes,metabolic syndrom, everything...

J

My department has a focus on nutrients as cancer preventatives ("prodrugs"), but it's in the UK. If this is an area you are interested in, I can ask if they have links to the USA or France.

C

hi there,

yeah cool, good idea, where exactly in the uk?
thanks a lot for ur offer!!!!

P

similar to what i do if you type in keywords like cancer diet micronutrients etc into this site you will probably find some matches, or look to see who has written major papers, check out their web pages.

J

It's the Leicester School of Pharmacy. I think this is quite a popular area of research at the moment; Google "anticancer prodrugs", CYP-enzymes and so on.

J

Try this link:

http://www.usal.es/~phytochem/netsymposium.html

It was in 2002, but it gives names of presenters and their institutions. Should give you an idea as to where ther active research is.