PhD question from a scot

S

if u get a phd how does the qualification work, do u get different grades ? and if u pass by one percent is that u a doctor?

simple questions i no but i dnt no the answers would be gratefull if someone could explain this to a simple scot

K

Hi, just a small but polite point - it's better if you don't use text speak on the forum as not everyone's first language is English.

To answer your question, no, you don't get different "grades" at the final outcome - at least in the UK (not sure about elsewhere). You can pass at different levels after having the viva voce (oral) examination - this is determined by the amount of corrections you have to make to your final thesis. So you can pass straight away with a perfect piece work, or have to take longer to do major rewrites, but you still pass. Unless of course you fail. Which doesn't happen often.

S

ty tht anzers my qu

O

You don't appear to be a real scot or very intelligent. Maybe a PhD is not for you. Nor do I understand what your question has to do with being a scot (which you're probably not) - so why emphasise the country of origin?

Do you usually go to ASDA and say: "Hi, I'm a scot, could I have two slices of cheese, please?"

G

I'm interested how you deduce he's not a real Scot? And if he is, what's wrong with saying so? Surely it's his/her business isn't it?

K

Scot or not - it's irrelevant - but given the style of the reply after my advice, I suspect this person is a troll; best not to feed them.

S

i am a scot and i have a badge to prove it