PhD studies in spain

W

Dear all,

I am from India. I got offer for PhD position in spain. But funding is the roadblock. Can anyone suggest any means of funding source/agency for study in europe? Please help.

O

I'm surprised you did not think about the issue BEFORE you actually applied for a PhD. Realistically, I assume self-funding would be the best option. Good luck.

G

'Can anyone suggest any means of funding source/agency for study in europe'?

Popular question and I have yet to see any answer in 12 months plus of reading that doesn't come down to self-funding in the end.

R

Hi Winner,

not an easy to answer question, as for most posts in Spain you will need to have your own funding (and some are very expensive!).

However a lot of people in Spain can get an aside / parttime job, like in the tourist industry. I presume it depends on you status regarding residency whether you could do that.

N

'not an easy to answer question, as for most posts in Spain you will need to have your own funding (and some are very expensive!)'.

I don't really agree with that - tuition fees in Spain are really low compared to the UK, especially the overseas ones (I think it's no more than 1,000 € per year in Spain), as for the living expenses they depend pretty much on the city you live in, differences can be amazing but it's usually cheaper than in the UK.

There's the Ministerio de Asuntos Exteriores (Ministry of Foreign Affairs) which offers a range of scholarships (www.becasmae.es) for foreign students, but I think most of them are for Hispanic-Americans. The system is quite complex, with lots of different scholarships and different requirements for every of them so I would suggest asking in your department if they know which one would best suit you.

R

Fair point Nimrod81

Cheers

B

JEE otto can u be any more passionate in your pessimism you nutcracking p***. apparently the northern icey chills of germany are seeping thru your skull and into your character .
LOOK MAN, the school has a loan and or affiliate bank, all euro schools do that's why asians want to go to school there and europeans DON'T ever come to school in / to ASia (sad, huh?). of course unless it's in philosphy and or religious/ linguistic studies, no europe is an atheist...sorry, i was on off in a tangent. sorry. neways, as i was saying, ALL u have to do is ask. AND if your grades are as good as u say, since you're indian i am assuming they're the best ever in the world, than you should have NO problem with them giving you a partial scholarship AND helping you find a loan agent to lend you and support you for the rest of it. Best of Luck Meeroo Ba'hAI!
aupp BUHUD gandoooo sab! good luck buddy

J

On behalf of banned user Otto:

bepe, you're an outstanding individual and I would like to congratulate you on your passion, wisdom and intelligence. Please continue to contribute to this forum in this entertaining and sparkling way.

I would however like to stress that the ice can only be found in Greenland, not in Germany. But as you missed school and geography to work in the coal mines, your lack of knowledge in this area can be excused.

Kind regards
Otto

J

Dear Forum Team,

you are always so quick in banning users and censorship of swearing in the forum. This is a good thing.

But then, Bepe calls Otto a "****". This is a spanish word and means: "son of a ****". I wonder why that word is not deleted and why that user does not get banned???

E

Otto doesn't seem very banned to me...

S

Not to support everything that Otto has said, but yes, I agree, there does need to be a much fairer system. Bepe has been extremely offensive on a number of threads (none have been directed at me), but if the team is banning users, then at least it should be done across the board.
At least give bepe a warning!

H

I want to know what's up with the text-speak and dodgy spelling...