Please help me to find a seat in our university

T

Dr. Sir
mmy name is Tara , I looking for Ph.d seat in Molecular biology , please help me to find a seat and to obtain application form . please take my case sereiously .
Thank you

O

sorry, I tried really hard, but I just can't take your request seriously. First of all, it contains many grammatical and spelling mistakes and weird abbreviations. If you are serious about finding a PhD position, you should try to proofread it. I know this is just a forum, but you expect a serious response, therefore I do believe that my criticism is justified in this case. I'm not a native English speaker myself, but at least I am trying to avoid mistakes most of the time (not always successfully, though). If a professor receives your request, it went straight away to the bin, that't the harsh reality.

Second, what do you expect us to do, most of us are students ourselves and can't find you a PhD position. Just do a search for suitable positions and apply, incorporating my advise above. Good luck.

O

O

O

O

Sorry...too many smiley faces there, something is up with my computer tonight. What I wanted to say...

I wish it were as easy as that--some place you could post your dearest wish for academic funding, research, a place on a degree programme...and voila! Someone would do the work and find one for you.

H

"our" university?

Does she mean the university of life?

Belford?

How odd.

D

Not sure about a seat in some university...I'd quite fancy a seat in my local pub right now by the log fire with a paper! Anyone offer any advice?

T

Anyone on here who works in a shared graduate office knows how hard it is to find just a seat, let alone a desk or anything else!

S

Haven't seen too many Seats around my campus. There are plenty of Fords, Vauxhalls, Renaults and Peugeots if you prefer.