PMT/PhD: they almost rhym!

HHmmm, I am pre-menstrual today, and am finding it very difficult to do anything other than eat chocolate, drink cream soda, cry irrationally and vent my rage at the powers that be. Altough this is a cathartic time for me, and I alwyas find it benefical in that sense, I am also finding it nigh on impossible to settle down to work: my brain is yoyoing between dull empty greyness, feelings of manic, righteous rage about the injustices of the world and flighty criss crossing nonesensical thought processes. I feel if I were chained to my writing chair today then I would kill something. I think I'll pick up my pen later on, hopefully.

Any thoughts?

I know how you feel - I'm on a diet too which means I've had to substitue my massive cinema sized bag of maltesers (and minstrels yum) for a snack a jack - seriously it will not do!

Don't let the men see this though otherwise they'll say that we go all fuzzy brained every few weeks :-s

I'm about to walk the dog (because of a rolling-in-fox-poo incident she committed earlier today which curtailed morning walk), so hoping that will get rid of some of the nervous energy I'm feeling.

so many things to do, so little time and so little energy :-(

Hmmm thanks Sneaks, yep I did give a thought to what men might think of my post, but they get fuzzy brained too; I've seen it!

Snack a Jacks won't do it Sneaks, you need cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesecake. At least I do anyhow.

Good luck with the dog, my sister's dog used to do that too, really weird isn't it.

well the 40 min dog walk was ok - no rolling which is a result.

not so keen on cheesecake, for some reason I don't like the biscuit bit, so scrape the rest off and eat that by itself. I would however, at this point in time, like to be submerged in a giant chocolate fountain.

S

Don't talk to me about PMT - I'm on the verge of thowing the whole goddam PhD in today and I'm sure its down to it rapidly approaching the wrong time of the month :-s I'm normally not this bad but today, well, **** the lot of it - or maybe it is the Phd, I don't know, all I know is that I'd rather roll in fox poo myself than sit here. I've done sweet fa all day, just sat and stared at my computer thinking mutinous thoughts and preparing emails to my sup consisting of **** this, I'm outta here (then deleting them). I think I've scared the kids, threatening to leave home got them to be quiet for 10 mins..... grrrrrrrr I would say roll on the menopause but what joy that will be!!! Hot flushes, mood swings extraordinnaire, becoming a dried out old prune - can hardly wait..... men are so darned lucky rotten sods - they don't have any of this cr*p that we have to suffer - to top it all my boobs are killing me, I've got a headache and want to just kill some ignorant sod that really deserves it!
And breath.....(sprout)

S

And Sneaks, how can you not like the biscuit bit??? Its the best bit of a cheesecake - I eat the rest to get it out of the way and save that for last!!! That's another thing, lost 4 stone now, down to skinny bi*ch status (well nearly) and just want to eat a whole bar of galaxy (and now there's talk of cheesecake I'm really suffering) but if I do then I will explode back to solar eclipse from my backside status and then I'll be even more volatile

======= Date Modified 03 Aug 2010 16:23:31 =======
well I'm currently starving myself. Although, due to inconsistent weighing (different times of day, with different amount of clothes) I know I have lost pounds in general, but have no idea how much! meanwhile, hubby who is also doing diet with me has lost half a stone in a week - AND he's eating way more at lunch :-( AND he doesn't walk the dog like I do for 1hr and a half every day :-(

Lucky ******

P

I am PMT too and I have just sent a second day in a conference contemplating what is like "to not be loved/desired/in a serious long term relationship' and how that renders my whole life meaningless.

Eska, Stressed and I are perhaps ToM sisters. (time o the month TOM)

N

Quote From phdbug:

Eska, Stressed and I are perhaps ToM sisters. (time o the month TOM)

Me too - wonder how many more of us are in sync?!

Be interesting if it's discipline-related (I'm social sciences)!

P

I'm sure there're more here who are syncing. I went and asked for supplies from the reception lady today as aunty flo looks like she's coming couple days early.

Arrgh have I no shame.

A

lol bug that's brilliant!! :-)

I've always hated that time of the month, although with the pill I don't actually get anything anymore. Except for the occasional aching, and always get the moods. feels like I'm living in PMS land for the past month here...as for boys PMT, don't even get me started, I think they just feed off us although my boyf is being a total spanner lately....

I'm also suffering from a lack of chocolate and sweeties so I feel your pain ladies (sprout)

S

The whole 'male pmt' thing just makes me cross! (what doesn't right now?) I mean, its caused by the surges and drops in FEMALE hormones and cramping of the uterus. Whilst I accept that men have MINIMAL amounts of female hormones they do not have a uterus, they do not have to put up with bleeding for a quarter of their adult life, they just like to muscle in on everything and think that they can claim this kind of thing for their bad moods. grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. For goodness sake let us have SOMETHING - bloody hell, they even claim to have phantom labour pains - get the message boys, you do not have a uterus, you cannot possibly claim to have anything close to PMT or labour..... so there (sprout)

P

Quoting Rachel from 'Friends' -

"No uterus, no opinion".

Just won a pot of honey in a PhD students porposal wriitng competition at the conference I am at - for our team!

So that makes this all bearable :)

T

I'm starting to think we should all just get together to cry, rage and eat chocolate. While autny Flo is not quite ready to knoack at my door for this month, like algae I have a spanner of a man (seriously, to the point even the couples therapist is making hints that I might want to get on a train and go stay with friends) and feel a dishevelled, would-weep-if-I-still-could mess of a woman. Oh Lord, send me the milk chocolate and some female company, in a place far from laptops and husbands!