Poster Presentation...What is it?

S

Hi all...my research has been accepted as a poster presentation at the BPS Annual Conference in April...I do not have a clue how to go about or what a poster presentation is ! Does anybody have any tips/advice?

T

Well a poster presentation is quite straight forward. You have to prepare a poster normally on A0 size paper outlining your work.. Then there will be poster sessions where you stand by your poster and people wander round then you answer questions that anyone has on it. The trick is not get too bogged down in details, keep it short and snappy.. There are a few guides online for preparing a good poster.. http://www.biophysics.org/education/block.pdf if you do a google search you will find more guides

S

Thanks...just realised it was a premature question...research today is boggling my mind...and corrupting my basic research skills!

T

Hehe well it is Friday so you are allowed to be mind-boggled

S

The Pdf ref VERY helpful...thanks...I am finding that I tend to do that a lot these days...over complicate even the simplest things...hope you have a good weekend